Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Tarot Reading

First off, a couple of disclaimers: I know it's Ash Wednesday today (I hope everyone found time to go to mass today). I am also aware that it's very un-Christian to be consulting the stars and the cards for my future. Blah blah blah.

I honestly don't know why I do this. Deep inside I don't feel that there's anything wrong with it. It's not as if I'm entrusting my life and my future on what tarot cards say. I am presently at a crossroad. My journey has opened up for me some opportunities. I know I could stay on familiar grounds. But I also feel that soon, it will cease to bring happiness and excitement. That sooner or later, the feeling of leaving and making a turn somewhere will nag me again.

New roads have presented themselves to me. Whatever I do I will have to choose which one to traverse next. Each road as good as the next. Opportunities are there, waiting to be explored.

It's exciting--so exciting, in fact, that it's already bordering on being frightening.

Change has always set my pulse running. My hands are shaking with anticipation. And my mouth, almost watering.

Anyways, without further ado, here's what the cards say about my working at an ad agency in March.

Ace of Pentacles
in the Past position.

A card in the left position indicates what has happened to affect your question in the past.

You have been given a resource. Use it well and be grateful.










Six of Wands
in the Present position.
A card in the middle position indicates what is affecting your question at this time.

Acknowledgement of accomplishments. Victory parade. Accolades, admirers, and gratitude. Respect of one¹s peers. Contributing ideas to a group project or cause. Leadership and established reputation. Good standing. Recognized authority. Having the confidence of the community. A success being more than one had hoped for. A sense of satisfaction. An original, daring thought brings victory. Honours.






Death
in the Future position.

A card in the right position indicates your questions future.

Evolution. Change, death, and transformation. A natural end to a situation, whether it be positive or negative; for example, the card may refer to the end of a relationship, illusion, financial source, or the completion of a project. Closure. Releasing of the past. The end of an era. Necessary change. Freedom that allows for renewal. Sudden change brings fears of the unknown, but ultimately alters life in such a way as to initiate new growth. May mean death, a fear of death, or a brush with death. Natural course and progression of life. Lastly, Death is sometimes portrayed as a beautiful and dignified figure since dying can be seen as a blessing in release from suffering.



Anyways, just to give credit where it's due, please click here for the source.

No comments:

Post a Comment